e shtunë, 19 maj 2007

Reunion


Bang Kieu and LTQ left an hour ago and haven't came back yet. Even though she's no longer kept hostage, Minh Tuyet still felt scared and woried. Those two feelings overwhelmed the anger she would've had for Nhu Loan on normal days. She couldn't believe Nhu Loan and those contestants did this to her. LTQ deserved it but why me? That knucklehead always get me in trouble. she told herself. But now sitting alone in the hotel room, Minh Tuyet missed the presence of that knucklehead, well, not just him but also Bang Kieu...or anyone! She missed the company of another human. It was hard to be by yourself at a time like this.
Minh Tuyet prayed that her friends were okay and will be back soon, with or without Nhu Loan. She still couldn't understand why Bang Kieu decided to risked being caught and bring Nhu Loan back here. It's more than likely that this is just a trap set up by the cops. Besides, what can she do? She's already done enough.
She tried not to think about Nhu Loan anymore. It only makes matter worse. Suddenly something black lying on the bed caught Minh Tuyet's attention. It was someone's wallet--must be LTQ since she knows for sure it's not Bang Kieu's. Curiosity got the better of her and Minh Tuyet reached for the wallet. Inside she found an old picture of a familiar face of a girl who she could not quite remember. She took out the picture and look at the back. The handwritting was somewhat illegible but Minh Tuyet managed to make out the words.

"To: Chinh, From: Loey
Sorry, I forgot to save one of my current pics for you. I hope this makes it up. "

Then it hit her. This was Nhu Loan's high school picture! All her friends called her Loey back then. And Chinh must be LTQ's real name.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the door burst open. She quickly put the wallet down as Bang Kieu and Luong Tung Quang entered. Minh Tuyet was so happy to see them so she hugged both of them immediately. She felt the warmth of Luong Tung Quang's chest against her skin then just realized what she did.

Luong Tung Quang: What the hell are you thinking women?
Minh Tuyet: Uh..Uh...I wanted to hug Bang Kieu but you're in the way
Luong Tung Quang (rolling his eyes): sure... wait, did you look into my wallet?
There was anger in his voice as he looked at his opened wallet then Minh Tuyet.
"Well..."
"Give me back the picture!"
"What? You're afraid that I'm going to give away your secret?"
"What are you talking about?"

The moment Nhu Loan stepped into the room, both Minh Tuyet and Luong Tung Quang switched their attention from each other to her. They both stood in front of her with pissed off faces. Nhu Loan knew this would happen.

Minh Tuyet: How could you do this to me?
Luong Tung Quang: And me! I don't even know you!
Minh Tuyet (turning to LTQ): Shut up, you saw it coming
Luong Tung Quang: Maybe she was trying to teach you a lesson not to be so mean!
Nhu Loan: I was trying to teach both of you guys...
MT: Us? Why? what did we did you?
Luong Tung Quang: Do you have any idea what we went through?
Minh Tuyet: What I had to go through? (looking at LTQ)

The two went on yapping and Nhu Loan was stuck in between them, feeling even more guilty about what she did. Bang Kieu can't stand seeing or hearing his friends argue.
Bang Kieu: Guys! guys! stop it will ya? Okay she feels bad for what she did and she's here to make up for it.
MT: Really?
Nhu Loan: Yeah, I couldn't believe what they were doing to you guys and I thought it was just a harmless prank, didn't thought it would go this far and I'm sorry for what I did, I want to make it better...so can you guys forgive me?
Luong Tung Quang(tears flowing): Aw that's so sweet of you-
Minh Tuyet(elbowing him): Oh my god why can't you be a man about it!
Luong Tung Quang: Oh you shut up! Nhu Loan I forgive you.
Minh Tuyet: You always do!
Bang Kieu: TUYET!
Minh Tuyet: What? oh okay...I forgive you Nhu Loan.

All four of them gather in a group hug, it was the first time they reunited as a foursome. They all sat down on the kitchen table, brewed the cheap instant coffee provided by the hotel, chatting and rambling on about all kinds of things. Bang Kieu then noticed the little picture that Minh Tuyet was holding in her hand.
"What's that you got in your hand?" Bang Kieu asked.
LTQ suddenly remember that he still haven't got his picture back and went to seize it from her. They accidentally tore the picture into pieces.
LTQ: LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!
Minh Tuyet: Me? You could've ask and I would've given it back to you!
LTQ: RIGHT!
Nhu Loan: Wait, is that my picture?
Minh Tuyet: Yes, it is. Nhu Loan, meet your long lost secret admirer in high school.
Minh Tuyet turned her look to LTQ and the four of them stood staring at each other in silence until Bang Kieu said, "Wow... So we all knew each other then." He realized the blush on LTQ's face and tried to change the subject. "Do you guys remember in preschool Minh Tuyet and Luong Tung Quang always argue over the littlest things."
Nhu Loan: Like crayons
Luong Tung Quang: Hey! she always takes the best color!
Minh Tuyet: So! you always color outside the lines!
Luong Tung Quang: Nuh uh!
Minh Tuyet: Uh huh!
Luong Tung Quang: Nuh uh!
Bang Kieu: See? they still do (Nhu Loan giggles)
MT & LTQ: We do not!
Nhu Loan: remember in junior high, everyone accused Bang Kieu of being a women
Luong Tung Quang: and Anh Kieu pulled his pants and underwear down to prove it!
Minh Tuyet: you sure had the balls to do that (everyone laughs, Bang Kieu blushes)
Luong Tung Quang: How about the time we were all playing baseball at my backyard-
Bang Kieu: Oh yeah! I was pitching and-
Nhu Loan: And the freaking ball hit my mouth! Of all places!
Luong Tung Quang: Well your lucky it's not your entire face
Nhu Loan: That was not funny! I was about to say I wasn't ready!
Bang Kieu: Well I didn't hear you! it doesn't matter anyways cuz you got all those dates afterwards (everyone laughs, Nhu Loan grinned her crooked teeth)
Minh Tuyet: Man I can't believe we forgot that we knew each other back in the old days!
Bang Kieu: Well it's been so long, we kinda forgot about each other
Luong Tung Quang: Yeah, after graduation, we kinda moved on with our lives
Nhu Loan: It's nice that we're back again, it's like a mini high school reunion!
Everyone: Yeah...

Nuk ka komente: