e shtunë, 16 shkurt 2008

Let Go


Minh Tuyet was just out of the recording studio when her phone began to ring. She had expected her annoying manager to call her but when she looked at the caller's name, it said Loey. Thinking Nhu Loan is just making sure she's is actually working, she answered it with an annoyed "Hello".

Nhu Loan: Tuyet? You busy?

Minh Tuyet: Why?

Nhu Loan: I was thinking we can go shopping, there's a huge sale!

Minh Tuyet: You want me to fly to wherever you are just so we can shop?

Nhu Loan: No silly I'm in the city.

Minh Tuyet: You aren't booked here!

Nhu Loan: Okay I lied just so I don't have to watch Beckham

Minh Tuyet: OOo Loey is bad

Nhu Loan: Whatever, you in?

Minh Tuyet: Of course!

Originally they were going to drive to the shopping centers but Nhu Loan had persisted that they take the bus there. Minh Tuyet finally agreed after much protest when Nhu Loan said that they'll save more on gas and parking fees. After a quick visit at Betsy Johnson, Chanel, Gucci, the girls were already spending thousands. Carrying loads of shopping bags, they walked down the streets, enjoying their freedom from their problems and their careers.

Nhu Loan: Wow! can you believe we've already spent 10,000 dollars?

Minh Tuyet: Oooo but we aren't done yet!

Nhu Loan: Easy for you to say, you're closet is stuff with labels!

Minh Tuyet: Hey I shop at chain stores!

Nhu Loan: Man, I'm going to need to do 5 shows to pay these off!

Minh Tuyet: Hey do you think it's wrong that LTQ is baby sitting Beckham?

Nhu Loan: Nah, friends help each other out and besides I need a break.

Minh Tuyet: True...

Minh Tuyet was so into their conversation that she bumped into a tall man dressed in black.

"Sorry!" Minh Tuyet quickly apologizes.

"Watch it!" He snapped.

"Geez! I said I was sorry!"

The man looked at her face and seemed to just realized something. He didn't respond, but awkwardly turned around and walked away.

Nhu Loan: Gosh, Tuyet! You scared the man away!

------------------------------
(Luong Tung Quang)
The shopping cart rattled as LTQ went down the aisles picking various items and dropping them lazily in the cart. Beckham was in a jolly mood, clapping his hands from time to time with a huge smile on his face.

LTQ: Ugh...why do I have to do this!

Beckham: Cookie!

LTQ: NO Beckham! you just had a one on our way here!

Beckham: Cookie for Beckham!

LTQ: NO!

Beckham gave a huge sigh and frowned. He begin playing with his fingers as LTQ continued his shopping. There was a cluster of balloons scattered freely under net to keep it from flying, Beckham's eyes light up.

Beckham: Balloon! Balloon!

LTQ: No, you can't have any balloons

Beckham: Me want balloon!

LTQ: Fine just one

Beckham: No Two! (LTQ grabbed another) Three! (grabbed another) Four! (grabbed another) Five! (grabbed another) Six! Seven! Eight! Nine!Ten...

Before LTQ knew it, he had grabbed all of the balloons in his hands with Beckham smiling widely.

LTQ: Beckham! you can't have all these balloons!

Beckham: Beckham likey!

LTQ: NO! I said just ONE not the whole thing!

Beckham: Me want!

LTQ: NO

Beckham: Yes!

LTQ: THAT'S IT! BECKHAM I SAID NO AND IT'S NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE ALL OF IT YOU SPOILED BRAT. IT SUCKS ENOUGH I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU AND NOW YOU ARE GIVING ME A HARD TIME! DO YO-

Shopper: Don't you yell at your child!

LTQ: No ma'am, He's not my child, I'm just doing a friend a favor, you see he's in the hospital and I-

Shopper: And you yelled at him anyways?

LTQ: No, you see he was getting on my nerves, first he was asking for the cookie and then now he wants balloons and I said he can't-

Shopper: Oh I see, you just trying to deprive a child of his happiness

LTQ: No! No! It's not like that. Kids just want it now but then throw it away.

Shopper: You think all kids are like that?

LTQ: Um, yeah?

Shopper: (slapping him) You are one bad man! (others started crowding)

Shopper 2: What did he do?

Shopper: He wouldn't let the kid get a balloon and yelled at him!

Shopper 2: (gasp) NO WAY!

Shopper: And the kid's father is in the hospital!

Shopper 2: (gasp) The poor little kid! What a way to make it even harder on him!

Shopper: I KNOW!

LTQ: B-But he was asking for the whole thing!

Shopper: I don't care if he ask for a million, I'd be glad to buy it to put a smile on his face!

LTQ: Then why don't you buy them!

Shopper: You see that? Mean and greedy!

LTQ: No, I am a very nice guy, it's just I am very-ugh fine I'll buy them

Shopper: Now was it that hard?

LTQ pushed the cart out into the parking lot with the cluster of balloons tied to to Beckham's wrist. He seemed to be happy that he got what he wanted but LTQ was furious at the humiliation he had to endure to get it. He picked up Beckham and place him beside him as he loaded the groceries into the trunk of his car. Suddenly he saw flashes of color behind him and turned around. The balloons were no longer on Beckham's wrist, in fact, it's nowhere to be seen.

LTQ: BECKHAM!!!!!!! Where are the balloons?

Beckham: Balloons go bye bye!

Nuk ka komente: