e enjte, 10 korrik 2008

Warned



Nhu Loan and Minh Tuyet still felt somewhat numb about what just happen to them. For once more time, death had almost found its way to them. Now DTV is taking them back to his boss' place, the safest place for them now.

Minh Tuyet's phone suddenly went off, breaking off the silence. "Aaron! Oh, I'm so sorry. Yes, see... hm... there was an emergency. Hm... we were stuck in a ...situation..?"

Everyone in the car rolled their eyes at her.

"Well, it was...like I said, we were very much stuck in a ... situation."

"Oh. Um... we're at ... Loey's place.... What? No, you can't come over... because... we're leaving."

"Where to? Look... [sighs] I'll just call you back."

With that said, Minh Tuyet hung up.

DTV: You are the worst liar on earth.

Minh Tuyet: Hey! You try and get almost-killed by some strangers in the bathroom in a very awkward position and then 5 minutes later, try and lie about it!

That was as far as the conversation got. Everything felt choppy and awkward and...unfinnished.
----------------------------

When they arrived at Nguyen Hung's place, LTQ, Bang Kieu as well as little Beckham was already there. Nhu Loan and Bang Kieu was still avoiding each other. They couldn't even look at the other without starting up a fight.

After DTV persuaded Beckham to stay and "play" with his men, he led them to the living room, where Nguyen Hung was waiting for them. He seemed like a statue. Sitting there, wearing his white suit, he sort of blended in with the colorless room. His face was pale.

He wasted no time and jumped to the point. "After you guys got back from Korea, I sent my men to do some investigation like Kieu requested. And he was right, Jack's the guy behind it. I saw him leaving an abandoned warehouse this morning after some meeting. It seems that he was hiring some high-class hitman. He truly wants you four dead."

Minh Tuyet: You think we don't know that already? I almost got killed just an hour ago!

Nguyen Hung: Exactly my point. You guys have got to get out of the city as soon as possible. If it was any other hitman I wouldn't care less but this guy... I know him, seen his work. Something you wouldn't want to get involved in. Look, I know some men outside of Mason that could be trusted. They'll help you find a place to settle, find a job, get a new name, get a new life.

The four looked at him like he was crazy.

Bang Kieu: Hold on a minute, Hung. You want us to leave? Now?

Nguyen Hung: Trust me, you guys want to leave.

Bang Kieu: It's not that easy making four well-known celebrities dissapear in a matter of days.

Nhu Loan: He said he could... He's Nguyen Hung. He could-

Bang Kieu: Oh shut up! Like you know anything. It's just not possible.

Nhu Loan was going to say something back when her phone interrupted. It was Jimmy calling.
"Excuse me, my boyfriend is calling me!" She said and walked out of the room.

Nguyen Hung, again, wasted no time and continued on the conversation. "Trust me, it is possible. I've done it before. Remember Mr. To?"

Bang Kieu: He's.. alive?

Nguyen Hung nodded. "Yep. Alive and well. Now you know it can be done, what's your answer?"

LTQ: Honestly, you expect us to come up with the answer in a few minutes?

Nguyen Hung: As soon as possible.

Nuk ka komente: