e enjte, 24 korrik 2008

An Invitation

"Is she okay?" Minh Tuyet asked, this time with an actual hint of concern in her voice.

"Define okay." DTV said. "Well, I think she woke up just now 'cuz I hear talking. LTQ's with her now."

Minh Tuyet: Oh... well I'll stop by the hospital in the morning. If I'm not dead by then already.

DTV: Don't say that-

Minh Tuyet: What makes you so sure? Who knows, there might be someone right outside my house plotting to kill me!

DTV: But my men is over there. You'll be fine.

Minh Tuyet: But- Who's that at the door? Hold on, Vu.

DTV: Whatever you do, don't talk to strangers!

Minh Tuyet rolled her eyes at what he just said. She then went to the windows. Aaron was in front of the house, being confronted by the guards. She quickly went down there to sort things out.

"I know him. You can let him in."

"DTV said no visitors. No exceptions."

"What? But I know this guy. Well, your boss is on the phone, Vu said to let him in."

Aaron looked confused. "What's going on, Tuyet? Since when did you need this many guards and who's-"

Minh Tuyet yelled into the phone: VU! TELL HIM TO LET YOUR MEN IN!

DTV: You can't just let people in! Hold on, I'll be there right away.

Minh Tuyet: What-?
-----------------------------------
[an hour later]

Minh Tuyet: AN HOUR! I would've made it here faster if I walked!

DTV: Hey, it's not my fault! Ever heard of a thing called traffic? Well--lookie here, who's he?

Minh Tuyet: A friend.

DTV gave Aaron a look and said, "Weapons search."

Minh Tuyet: Naw, that's ridiculous! I know him, just let him in or I'll-

DTV: Geez, fine...let him in but just to let you know, I have a gun with me... cuz I'm cool like that!

"Dork!" Minh Tuyet murmured under her breath.

The guards made room for Aaron to pass and he follows the two inside. DTV disappears into the kitchen as Minh Tuyet and Aaron takes a seat on the couch across from each other.

"Sorry about that." Minh Tuyet said.

"It's alright." Aaron. "I actually came to say what I wanted to say at the diner...before you and Loey got stuck in your..situation."

Minh Tuyet opened her mouth to say something but Aaron stopped her. "No need to tell me what it is. I'm just here to say that I'll leaving the city in a week-"

"Tea and crumpets, anyone?" DTV shouted loudly as he reappears holding an antique silver tray filled with the freshly brewed tea and the little cakes piled neatly on top of each other. He places the tray on the coffee table and scoots himself next to Minh Tuyet, who stared at him with great annoyance.

DTV: So, do you work out?

"Oh my god" Minh Tuyet said, smacking her hand against her forehead.

Aaron: Uh...Yeah.

DTV: Oh that's cool...Hey how you get your face to look so youthful and pimple-free?

Minh Tuyet: So Aaron, what were you saying earlier before someone came with tea and crumpets!

DTV makes a face at her as he takes a sip of tea.

Aaron: Oh well, there is fancy party that my company is throwing and I know it'll be boring but I was hoping you'd like to come along as...um...my date-

Minh Tuyet: I'd love to!

Aaron: Really? Well you're friends can come along too.

DTV: Can I?

Minh Tuyet: Who says you're going?

Aaron: I really have to go now, been busy for the past few days. Thanks for the tea and crumpets.

He waves good bye to them as he heads out the door. Minh Tuyet watches him leave until he's no longer there, then instantly turns to Vu.

DTV: What?

Minh Tuyet: Are you gay?

Nuk ka komente: