e enjte, 18 shtator 2008

Hope


Limos are lined up as the drivers walk out to open the doors revealing snobbish people as they exit the car stylishly, making their way up the steps to the party. Minh Tuyet got out of her car with great frustration, it seems that her dress didn't allow her to split her legs wide enough. Stumbling out, she hopped her way back into balance.

Minh Tuyet: I'ma kill my hips!

A lady beside her gave Minh Tuyet a weird look as Minh Tuyet politely smiled back. She held her clutch close to her and fumbled with her long flowing dress up the steps, in stilettos. She muttered under her breath as she got to the top, only to find the dashing Aaron standing in front of her.

Aaron: You made quite an entrance there (laughs)

Minh Tuyet: I don't know what you are talking about.

He smiled and held out his arm and she gently wrapped hers around it. They enter inside to a grand hall where everyone mingled and snack on expensive sushi. Aaron grabs two glasses from a waiter and hands one to Minh Tuyet and both takes a sip.

Minh Tuyet: So, aren't you gonna greet your other guest?

Aaron: I only waited for one person.
--------------------------------

Nhu Loan: See, this is what you get for getting drunk and over-sleeping.

LTQ: What's the big deal? I'm getting dressed right now!

Nhu Loan: That's the point, you are changing in the back of a limo.

LTQ: Oh, like you've never done it!

The limo pulls up in front of the entrance just as LTQ slips on his belt, the driver opens the door, Nhu Loan walks out with LTQ following behind buckling up his belt and fixing his collar. They received stares by everyone they passed by. Nhu Loan walked up the steps angrily.

Nhu Loan: You see?

LTQ: What?

Nhu Loan: Everyone thinks we did it!

LTQ: Did what?

Nhu Loan shook her head and smiled at his naiveness... or slowness, whichever way one choose to look at it. "Never mind. Let's hurry. The party had already started."

As they entered the room, Aaron and Minh Tuyet walked up to greet them. LTQ frowned as Nhu Loan lights up a big smile and exchanged small talks. Then there goes DTV.

DTV: Aaron! Oh-my-gosh. Finally I found you. I was one of the first people here, where were you? Here's your drink. Bourbon. Your favorite.

Aaron reluctantly accepted the drink. "Uh- Thanks, Vu."

LTQ seized the chance to pull Nhu Loan aside, leaving Aaron and Minh Tuyet to DTV. He coudln't think of anything to say other than, "Look, food!" and then dissappeared into the crowd with Loey.

DTV continued on: I love what you did with the place.

Aaron: I didn't. Someone designed everything.

DTV: Oh well you hired the right people. You're so smart.

Aaron: Thank you, if it's alright with you, I would like a moment with Tuyet.

DTV: Sure.

Aaron: Um...I meant alone.

DTV: Oh, that's cool.

Aaron gently leads Minh Tuyet off to the side, he puts down his glass and looks at her. "Oh shoot, here comes the bad news" she thought to herself.

Aaron: I don't know how to say this-

"Dude, we haven't even gone out yet." Minh Tuyet thought.

Aaron: I mean I know it's too much for you to handle-

"Is it really that hard to say 'let's not see each other again?' Geeze!"

Aaron: And I know you didn't plan on...um...

"Just say it already!"

Aaron: Ah-um.. okay. Tuyet, will you move to Paris with me?

Now that's a shocker. Minh Tuyet was stumped.

Minh Tuyet: I don't know what to say.

Aaron: I understand if you don't want to leave, you've asked me to move here with you so I guess I deserved it.

Minh Tuyet looks down, she was lost in her thoughts, she didn't know whether she would just abandon everything she had just to go on another roller coaster ride of love?

Minh Tuyet: Truth to be told, I've been rather lonely lately...I need an escape.

Aaron: Is that a yes?

--------------------------------------
Nhu Loan: Come on Quang, stop eating.

LTQ: Loey, it's not every day you get to eat all the caviar you want and not have to pay a buck for it!

Nhu Loan: Let's dance.

LTQ: I'm not finished!

Nhu Loan shoves the cracker down his mouth as she drags him under the disco ball. She wrapped her arms around his body and they begin to dance. She laid against his shoulder as they rocked back and forth, the next thing she heard were crunches followed by chewing.

Nhu Loan: Did you grabbed extras?

LTQ: You want some?

Nhu Loan: QUANG!

LTQ: Alright.

He brushed off excess crumbs from his face and it fell onto Nhu Loan's bare back, she glared at him.

LTQ: Sorry (brushing the crumbs and continuing to dance)

A thought suddenly flashes Nhu Loan's mind. She was happy, and was actually having fun but thinking of this made her uneasy somehow.

"You know, I wonder what Kieu's doing..."

Nuk ka komente: