e shtunë, 16 qershor 2007

After thoughts

It seemed like yesterday Minh and I decided to team up to create a fanfic, like many others we were veterans of the "A never ending story" topic in Tu Quyen's forum (Now changed to will end...don't think it will though..lol) and so since everyone else was creating one, heck why not us as well?
I knew that I couldn't do it on my own, not like I couldn't write a story on my own but I knew I needed a back up person in case I started to feel lazy and I was glad Minh thought the same. We were a perfect duo! always finishing each other's thoughts and share many things in common. I don't know if you guys noticed but initially we were inspired by the tv show "Dirt" we like how it showed a dirty side of hollywood and since we are used to seeing our singers so perfect, why not make them the opposite? The idea grew even further as we continued to chat online, suddenly we are putting them in a fictional city (I googled it for fun and surprisingly it's a real city in Iowa! didn't know that) I like the idea of having a "Sin City" type series where trouble is every where. The first episode was posted and I didn't expect it to be a success since we weren't the first ones to have a fanfic but surprisingly it did pretty well, and the comments kept us writing more and more, each episode more daring than the last. I guess at first we were cautious since we didn't had a stable fanbase.

We originally only wanted three characters that way we can focus more on the story and not confuse ourselves. Later on, Minh told me she wanted to add Bang Kieu into the cast and I accepted, now it's evened out. He played a small role at first but as the story went on, he became the main focus. I guess

Episode 7 titled "Music and Fashion" was one of the biggest changes (AND THE MOST RISKIEST! ) we made. We weren't getting many readers and Minh suggested that our episodes needs to be more funnier. It was great because I was all about comedy, when brainstorming ideas, I thought of having a conflict between LTQ and MT, everyone knows I am a fan of Minh Tuyet and everyone Minh is a fan of Luong Tung Quang. I thought of a story line and Minh thought it was hilarious, we split the episode in half with Minh writing the first part and I wrote the second part. I was afraid though that the fans don't like to see their favorite singers portrayed this way, I guess I was wrong when we received so much great feed back! Made In Mason City exploded from there! after that! We slaved hours and hours working on our episodes, sometimes in the late at nights and even the day before posting them!

The season ended with Minh Tuyet getting shot, although we don't know what will happens next we can't help but wonder whether she would die or not. Is it true that with beauty comes tragedy? or is it just karma? what goes around, comes around?

Larry
(co-creator of MIMC)

Nuk ka komente: